Newbie question in how PUN works

Options
Hey everyone

I just finished a basic tutorial from paladin studios:How to create an online multiplayer game with PUN and I have some questions regarding how photon PUN works:

1. When we use PhotonNetwork.ConnectUsingSettings(String game version) we connect to the photon network, by network means photon cloud right?

2. To host our games we always need to connect to photon cloud to create rooms?

3. In that tutorial by connecting to the photon network, if I build my game, can I play with other person that is in other part of the world? (is really that simple?)

4. For example we got three players, one of them is the server host and the other two are the clients, how state synchronization communication really works between them and what is really the role of the player that hosts the server?
The client moves and sends the information about his movement to the server host player and then he sends that data to the other player or the client that moved sends the data to the server host and the player at the same time and the host doesnt have any authority over that?

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• vadim
    Options
    1. Yes, we call it Photon cloud.
    2. Client needs to connect to the server before it can do anything useful. The server is either Photon cloud or self-hosted Photon server.
    3. You can play with anyone who can reach same server as you. For Photon cloud this is anyone with internet connection.
    4. All clients are connected to the server which helps them exchange with messages. There is no authoritative game server. Just clients which send messages to each other.