Question about PUN + Mobile

Options
Hi i have a few question about PUN, now I have the PUN 100CC Lifetime.

1) This plan say "~40K Monthly Activities", what mean the "~" ?

2) "40K Monthly Activities" mean I only have about 40 MB for Traffic to use for month?

3) Whats the best "PhotonNetwork.sendRate" and "PhotonNetwork.sendRateOnSerialize" config for mobile? I have currently now "PhotonNetwork.sendRate = 7" and "PhotonNetwork.sendRateOnSerialize = 7;" and dont know if this is optimal for mobile or should lower it even more?

Regards,

Comments

• dontonka
    Options
    Hello Mr.Qayne
    Hi i have a few question about PUN, now I have the PUN 100CC Lifetime.
    Good job, I have also that too :).
    1) This plan say "~40K Monthly Activities", what mean the "~" ?
    This character means "approximately" :).
    2) "40K Monthly Activities" mean I only have about 40 MB for Traffic to use for month?
    Not really. Of course more users will means more traffics, but the final equation is not 1000 MAU == 1MB of traffic. The final traffics will depends on your update rate, and which information you transfer at that rate, + the RPC call you make.
    3) Whats the best "PhotonNetwork.sendRate" and "PhotonNetwork.sendRateOnSerialize" config for mobile? I have currently now "PhotonNetwork.sendRate = 7" and "PhotonNetwork.sendRateOnSerialize = 7;" and dont know if this is optimal for mobile or should lower it even more?
    Good question. I didn't change those value so I'm using the default which I think it's 10, and it's working well for my type of game so far (an FPS). But I think from a bandwidth and performance perspective, 10 looks a good number. You could go less, depending on your type of game, but it might become chunky, you need to check what fit your needs.

Hope this help a bit :).

Cheers,
    Don T.