Connecting Client to Server

Options
I've been searching all over for the past few days, for a decent tutorial showing how to connect clients to a server and I just keep finding ones that only work in a LAN, completely excluding the server. I tried looking through the bootcamp demo code, but it's all over the place and well the project is just broken in Unity 5 so it's hard to see how it works. At the moment I'm just trying to get two clients from completely different areas, to connect to a photon server, which is already set up, could someone give me a hand here with a link to a recent tutorial or a brief explanation of what I need to do?

Ok, ok, so I'm a complete idiot, sue me, but just in case anyone is in the same boat of not knowing what the heck to do, here's a short run down.

Do the typical creating a room, joining a room mumbo jumbo that you find everywhere, then under Photon Unity Network>Resources>PhotonServerSettings set hosting to self hosted, put in the IP address of the server computer in Server Address, and then 5055 into Server Port. Now start up Photon Server on your server computer, then just hit play on the client where you've already set up your room creation and joining and it connects, I really should've gotten this sooner....

Comments

• Tobias
    Options
    :)
    Glad to read you found a solution. Hope your game is making good progress.