[Solved]Observer Component not showing a PhotonTransformView

Options
Hello,

I have read the demo doc here many times now: http://doc.exitgames.com/ja/pun/current ... g-movement

And have read the general documentation for Photon. Not seeing the issue.

I am having this issue where my prefeb is not a "PhotonTransformView" when I drag it into the "Observer Component" of Photon View.

The Kyle Robot demo (see images) has the prefab displayed in "Observer Component" as a "PhotonTransformView" and works well for me.

331q6q0.jpg

This image is of my prefab (which I have rebuilt many times) displayed in the "Observer Component" as a "Transform".

2dgmjh0.jpg

I understand that it should be a "PhotonTransformView" not "Transform" since "PhotonTransformView" is added but it simply will not display as "PhotonTransformView" in my prefab. This seems to be the main issue why my project isn't working (i.e. animations aren't being displayed for connected remote player). The animations run fine on local player.

Any ideas why this is happening and how I could fix this?

Thanks!

PS this question is in another post of mine. Sorry to post again but I thought I would clean it up to be easier to read and be a seperate post.

Comments

• Tobias
    Options
    Your shot shows you have a PhotonTransformView component on the GameObject, too. You need to drag and drop that component to the observed field (in the same way you "link" components to fields in Unity generally).

It would be nice if you add the link to the other copy of this question.
  • FGStud
    Options
    Here is the link to my other originally long post related to this whole setup: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=5927

Doh! Such an obvious thing to try and of the 100 things I tried I never even thought to try that.

Thank you very much for the help. I'm so sorry for such a bumb question ... It is showing as a PhotonTransformView now. However, the anims were still not working.

However, I just tried stripping the project of intensive fog, toon shader, etc and now I see anims working for both players.

I do want to use fog, and my toon shader, etc. Is there anything in the setup of RPG I could tweak to get it to work?

Or is RPG not the best to use if you have a graphically intensive game?

UPDATE: I'm not sure what I did but it all seems to be working REALLY well now! The fog, toon shaders, terrain, and enemies look great! This is exciting! :D