How to simulate multiple players

Options
Hello,

My game is pretty much in BETA stage right now, but I want to test this beast properly before releasing. I did some tests with friends, but I'm still not satisfied, and doesn't show real condition.

My game currently allow 8 players per room maximum, and currently the more I've been testing this is using 7 players. I would really need to test with at least 50 players at the same time, to see how multiple room and matchmaking behave, also is this generates any problem.

I know you guys provide a tool to kind of inject lags or something similar. Nevertheless what I'm looking for right now would be really a way to simulate many players at the same time. I understand that I would probably needs to code this logic but I'm willing to do it.

I would like Photons crew to suggest me what would be the best way to achieve that :).

thanks in advance.
Don T.

Comments

• Tobias
    Options
    I'm sorry but there are no tools to simulate players. We thought about that before but didn't find a proper way to do it. At least not in general, so it's of use for everyone.
    You will need to simulate some action with several running clients. You can run more than one on a PC.

Maybe you get a beta group for real playing?
    We learned: You can test with tools but when the real players get your stuff in their hands, they will break it in completely unexpected ways. Always.
  • dontonka
    Options
    Thanks Tobias, ok so that was my feeling. Well I made 2-3 test session right now with friends (kind of my BETA group), but that is not enough for sure for me, and I prefer to find the problem before releasing :).

I'm planning to pay a firm to help me testing is with a dozen of testers and a numerous of devices, so I might need to invest couples of hundreds box in order to push this a bit further but I assume it's a good investment.
    I'm sorry but there are no tools to simulate players. We thought about that before but didn't find a proper way to do it.
    Yesterday I search a bit. The first problem is that the developer would need to access virtual hardware that could simulate those, it could be from the cloud. A little bit like Xamarin Test Cloud, that could works actually maybe, but it is way too expensive at 1000$ per month as minimum payment. If Photon, which has already server, could try to think of something similar, that would be awesome. of course that would need to be a paid service to be fair with devs and you guys, but if such functionality would exist, I would be willing to pay at least 1000$ box for sure. It would be nice if we could kind of write our test case or logic in C#, and then have those player automated following such logic.

Regards,
    Don T.