connection issues with client

Options
ok so on my home connection i can load up as many copys of the game as i want and itll all load in no problem. now as soon as someone out side my connection load up they cant get past the create room phase or join room an they never show up on the server even though the system is saying there connected in the client . im using the free version of pun atm but i wanted to test out side sources to see if it worked and ive tried from canada and the west coast. an am getting the same problem. on my home connection in the north east it works fine . so im lost why is it on my home pc i can use the same client im sending out to people to test works fine for me but not for them? client loads up but wont let them create a room or see any rooms that are created? ive tried it on multiple home pc's as well an they all work. so im at a utter lose an hope someone can tell me if im just missing something that needs to be changed somewhere .

Comments

• invayne
    Options
    still trying to figure out why this is happening and am making no progress on my end so any help would be great thanks
  • Are you using a self-hosted Photon server?

If yes: You need to set the "Game Server IP" in Photon Control to the public IP of your router; AND you need to configure port forwarding in your router. There are some cases where this does not work correctly... and we can not do anything about it. :(

If you want to host a Photon instance that is accessible "from the internet", the easiest way is usually a cheap virtual private server, which come with a fixed public IP.
  • invayne
    Options
    nope not hosting my server just using the realtime server which connects using your guys servers . i can connect no problem from my own pc's but once i send out a copy of the client they cant get past the create game room an they dont show up as being connected to the photon servers even though it says there connected.
  • invayne
    Options
    bumping to hopefully get some answers
  • Hello,

your error description is a bit vague; can you check the log file of a failing client? Are there any error messages, or any operation responses that give a hint what happens (for example, if the CreateGame operation was actually called and what the result was)?

In general, there is nothing that needs to be changed if you are using Photon Cloud - no matter where you start your game clients.
  • invayne
    Options
    thats what i figured my self ill see about getting the logg today and ill post a link to it by tomorrow.

thanks
  • invayne
    Options
    sorry for the long wait ont his but heres the link to the out put logg

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2KNNC ... sp=sharing
  • vadim
    Options
    Did you see NullReferenceException's at ORKFramework.Menu.Parts.EquipmentMenuPart.Show in logs you sent?
    You need to get rid of these exceptions before tracking network issues.
  • invayne
    Options
    those null references are not the issue since the client works on my own computer an those scripts have nothing to do with the network
  • vadim
    Options
    Exceptions look like the only serious issue in your log. I can't imagine how one can expect his app work properly having bunch of exceptions in logs. So better cleanup.
    As for Photon message "CreateRoom failed. Client is not on Master Server or not yet ready to call operations. Wait for callback: OnJoinedLobby or OnConnectedToMaster.", it states clearly that CreateRoom called at not appropriate moment. Make sure that you are connected to lobby first.
  • invayne
    Options
    ok this client log is one being used from Canada. Now if i use the same client from my home computer it works flawlessly, so whats the issue. They cant connect but i can, why is that? So, i know the client connects and enters the game correctly like its suppose to. So im confused how you can say that when i can use it no problem on 2 different laptops in my own home . (side note : this is a dev build not a complete client. )
  • invayne
    Options
    bumping this an updating a few things for got to mention im using playmaker photon actions to connect to the server. the client states that it is connected to the lobby when in the create room screen nothing gets instantiated before you are actually connected to the network.

few questions...

1: the client in canada says its connected to the server while in the create room or join room scenes. but if i load up in the USA it does not show anyone connected to the server....

2: when they go to create a room they click the button and it does nothing an you get the error in the logg as stated above.... but using the same client they downloaded and downloading it my self i can connect noproblem.. i can create a room i can bring up a ton of clients an join that room no problem an it will show up on the photon servers...

any help on this would be great thanks....
  • Tobias
    Options
    The log shows this error:
    > CreateRoom failed. Client is not on Master Server or not yet ready to call operations. Wait for callback: OnJoinedLobby or OnConnectedToMaster.

I assume the timing is different from the USA than from Canada, so in the US you code "happens" to work while it doesn't when things take longer.
    The error log tells you also how to fix things.