PUN+ SocketImplementation error

Options
Created a new unity project, imported the PUN+ package and trying to use LoadBalancingAPI based on the project I have that uses the PUN free.

Receiving message:
Connect() failed, because SocketImplementation or socket was null. Set PhotonPeer.SocketImplementation before

I read through the known issues related to upgrading an existing PUN project to PUN+. Not my case. This is a fresh project with no PUN free in it.

Any specific recommendations to solve this?

Edit: FYI the demo worker sample seems to work fine. Could this be related to my API key being a free version?
Edit2: Upgraded the application id to paid version and still getting this error.
Edit3: Upgraded the Loadbalancing project that comes with the 4.0.0.4 Unity SDK download. I copied the DLLs from Plugins folder of a new project with PUN+ imported, into the Assets/Lib folder of the loadbalancing project and reimport all (per the Known issues page). No joy. I've exhausted any ideas I had.
The one point from the Known Issues page that I am not sure how to do is "Make sure PUN+ and PUN Free have the same value in PhotonNetwork.versionPUN." - not sure how to do that.

Comments

• Tobias
    Options
    The LoadBalancing API is an alternative to PUN/PUN+. It can't be combined and won't work by copying things together, sorry.
    Use PUN+. A lot of the features from LoadBalancing are in there and then some more.
  • digitalCowboy
    Options
    Hi Tobias, I was starting to get that impression :/
    OK, time to refactor some code ;)
  • digitalCowboy
    Options
    Hi Tobias,
    We moved to PUN+ and the Unity based apps are fine, but we have a need for a series of console (Win/Linux desktop) apps to perform monitoring and other functions.
    Using the dotnet SDK we cannot find a way to interoperate with the PUN+ apps.
    e.g. the dotnet app cannot see the rooms created by the PUN+apps.
    If we switch back to LoadBalancing API and used that in both the PUN and dotnet clients that should work, but then we wind up back to the problem that initiated this thread.
    So, what approach can we use to have our Win/Linux monitoring clients interoperate with the PUN+ clients?
  • vadim
    Options
    Hi,

Probably clients can't see each other because of the way PUN sets app version when connected: appVersion + "_" + PhotonNetwork.versionPUN
    Result is something like "1.0_1.54"
    Simply update app version on other clients with same value.