Upgrading from PUN free to PUN Plus

Options
Hi,

Now that we're starting to alpha test our game, we'll be upgrading from PUN free to PUN Plus. We're using Unity Pro.

I'm kind of paranoid in re-importing Unity plugins mid-release, so my question is: is the difference between PUN Free and PUN Plus mainly from a licensing perspective (i.e. CCU increase, monthly actives etc)? Can I upgrade to PUN Plus by just buying that unity asset store asset, but not actually downloading the PUN Plus plugin files?

We're just trying to make sure we're staying as close as possible to our project files so nothing breaks. If the upgrade is recognized from your licensing servers after we make the purchase on the Unity Asset store, and I don't need to download the new plugin files, that's probably what we'll do.

regards,
William

Comments

• Oops, my mistake, didn't check your website thoroughly before posting the question. As I understand it now, I can just choose the plan we need from your website subscribe, and the upgrade will be applied to my account, without me having to download the "PUN Plus" new unity asset store, correct?

I understand PUN Free has some limitation for Unity free, but since we're using Unity Pro I don't think we're constrained by those restrictions.

Anyway, please let me know if I'm wrong.

regards,
    William
  • Tobias
    Options
    Sorry for the late(ish) reply.
    You are right: You can buy the subscription on our page. In best case, you select the App/Subscription which is going to get the traffic. Then select "Subscribe" and you get to a page with options. There is the 100 CCU license as one-time fee and others.
  • So me,
    A newb, first time multiplayer developer could download, use and build out the the game with your Free asset and upgrade at anytime with out having to adjust code?

I am using Unity Personal addition.
  • Markus
    Options
    Hi,
    yes, PUN free and PUN+ are the same except for the 100 CCU. You could also buy the 100 CCU on our site, no need to get PUN+.
  • nexasoft
    Options

If I already go the PUN+ how can I apply it into my Photon Cloud account thanks.

• Markus
    Options
    • browse to your dashboard at https://dashboard.photonengine.com/
    • find the app you want to apply the coupon to
    • click "-/+ CCU" for that app
    • select the 100 CCU tab
    • Click "Got a Voucher? Add plan using your coupon code..." and enter your invoice id (not order nr.)