Friends and custom authentication server

Options
Hello, so I did post a question about Friend and since nobody answer, I'm opening this new post in case it got lost, and adding more questions, I would appreciate to receive an answer :).

1) I need to know if the PhotonNetwork.FindFriends is only searching in the currently Cloud server connected, or all of region server?
2) I implemented a custom authentication with my authentication server and it works well. I was wishing to retrieve the player friends list id (to list required in input to PhotonNetwork.FindFriends) at the same time from that server, but on a custom authentication success, we cannot sent back any information from the authentication server, or it there a tricks to do that?
3) Is there a way to communicate to the authentication server to request custom operation, like requesting friends list of a player (GET), sending some analytic data for a player (POST), etc.

I was looking for PhotonNetwork.WebRPC, but this is for TurnBased application and my application is for Realtime. I tried to use it, but fails of course since it is not a Turnbased and also no config has been set in the Dashboard.

I really need to make this happen, I hope it is possible.

Regards,
Don T.

Comments

• dontonka
    Options
    Hello, so after thinking about it a bit, I just figure out that for custom operation on the authentication server i can simply use the WWW API provided by Unity already.

I would still want an answer for 1) please :).

Don T.
  • vadim
    Options
    Hi,

1) PhotonNetwork.FindFriends searches only one currently connected master server

If you still need PhotonNetwork.WebRPC, you can try to switch project to Turnbased SDK. It should work as before but with some features added.