How control message maximum in Load Balancing(My cloud)

Options
OpheliaSong
edited September 2014 in Photon Server
Hi, I develop game in prototype in PUN cloud
So I understand message's maximum, and why do needs.

But I wanna controlled message counts and increase that.
So, I'll changed server program that, PUN cloud to Photon server(Local hosting).

Is this right solution?
Can i controlled messages maximum count?

Comments

• Hi,

if the limitations of Photon Cloud don't work for you, you need to switch to a self-hosted Photon Server, yes. That is correct.

Background:

The message limit for Photon Cloud hast two reasons:
    - control the bandwidth that is utilized by our customers (so that our traffic costs don't explode ;))
    - protect the game clients from too much load.

So you need to be careful that your clients can handle the additional traffic. Even more so if you have mobile / wireless clients!

Rule of thumb: the more clients per room, the less messages you should send. Even with our limit of 500 msg/s per room, it is often hard for clients to process all those messages, and you will notice lag and disconnects.

In most cases, it is worth the effort to reduce the amount of data and your message rate - for a better client experience.
  • Thank you for reply.

I'll switch self-hosted Photon Server.

One more ask thing.
    Where can i control self-hosting server's bandwith,?
    Do i edit config file? or need edit the source code? Can i read the documents?
    (I'll want contorl change message limits for Self hosting server.)

Thank's for watching~
  • There are several different settings that controls Photon's data flow, buffering, message size limits etc., they are all documented here:
    http://doc.exitgames.com/en/onpremise/c ... g-settings

BUT we don't recommend to change these settings in general! The default settings are carefully tested and will work good for most scenarios.

Please test with the default settings first and ONLY adjust settings if you run into a very specific problem and you fully understand the settings and the impacts of the changes.