Photon Room Always Running & Communicating With Website?

Options
AidenM
AidenM
Hello,

My team and I are developing a multiplayer game with Photon and I have a few questions.

1) Is there a way to create a room that stays online. Usually after the last player has left room, the room will be removed. I would like to have some permanent rooms that are always running.

2) Is there a way that I can integrate a website into the game. I would like to have a control panel on a website which users can manage there rooms. They could create a free room with a limit of 10 players, but they can purchase larger rooms. Essentially I would need to send messages/commands from a website and have the photon server handle the request.

I am not very skilled with networking so I am not to sure how I could do this. Is it possible I could send the message with something like PHP? Also how would I receive and handle the request? I am planning on using the Photon cloud hosting because its ease of use and reliability. I am guessing I would have to have a server running a modified client of my game that would just handle these requests (create room, delete room, kick player, ect)

I found http://doc-api.exitgames.com/en/pun/current/pun/doc/class_photon_network.html#ad9a866c73b3e417d55266ed548a52cb8 in the API Docs but I don't quite understand it.

There was another questions but I completely forgot what is was :?:

Thanks for any help :)

Comments