Multiple server connections

Options
sebas77
edited October 2014 in Photon Server
Hello,

can a client be connected to multiple servers in photon?

Comments

• Kaiserludi
    Options
    Yes, it can. Just create one Peer instance per connection and keep in mind that each connection will count to the CCU.
  • sebas77
    edited October 2014
    Options
    great, I guess the CCU doesn't matter much since I am talking about Photon Server and not Photon Cloud.

Therefore, if I understand correctly, I can have multiple servers, but be connected to one room for each server (which is fair enough).
    I'd like to code a server to handle web services like routines and a server for the game itself.

However I need to know if, with photon, I can use third party c# API to connect to databases.
  • thanks my question has been answered on another thread.
  • Which thread was this answered in?

In short though, most games make use of many servers simultaneously (often segmented something like, Lobby Server, Game Server, social services, etc.)
  • juffowup wrote:
    Which thread was this answered in?

In short though, most games make use of many servers simultaneously (often segmented something like, Lobby Server, Game Server, social services, etc.)
    `
    I assume a "server" is actually a different server application running on our servers.

About the third party library question, as far as I understood, I can use third party libraries.
  • Yes, you can use any third-party .NET library in your code.