[SOLVED] Client Unknown appId

Options
TheVeRaK
edited August 2014 in Photon Server
Hi guys,

Using Unity 4.5 and Photon local server v3.4.4.2588
I've downloaded the playmaker test demo for photon, When I hit play i get an error saying:
"The appId this client sent is unknown on the server (Cloud). Check settings. If using the Cloud, check account."
This is happening while trying to connect to the local photon server on the same machine.
If i change the server setting it doesn't connect at all so the server setting are fine. (127.0.0.1:5055)
photon server has default service running and tried with and without LoadBalancing (MyCloud)

Any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Edit: Works fine connecting to cloud, just not the local server.

SOLVED: After finding out this was playmaker's demo not working, I changed the state that connects to the server. I changed the action from "Photon Network Connect Using Settings" to "Photon Network Connect Manually" and put my local servers ip and port in and now works perfectly.
Note: For what ever reason my version of playmaker seems to ignore my server settings when I change it to self host this is why I had to set it to manual settings

Comments

• Bump
    Also producing the same result when making my own play in playmaker
  • Tobias
    Options
    When you use a local server, you need to edit your PhotonServerSettings file accordingly. Choose hosting option "self hosted" and edit server address, port, etc.
    The AppID is ignored by a self-hosted servers

Make sure you run the "LoadBalancing (MyCloud)" instance of Photon with the correctly configured IP of your machine.
    Also: If you build for mobile or some simulated machine, those simulated devices use localhost/127.0.0.1 for themselves. They don't reach your windows server and you need to setup a local network IP.

Please don't bump your posts. We try to ignore them as we try to answer within a few days anyways. Some topics are unlikely to get help by community members anyways.
  • Tobias wrote:
    When you use a local server, you need to edit your PhotonServerSettings file accordingly. Choose hosting option "self hosted" and edit server address, port, etc.
    The AppID is ignored by a self-hosted servers
    Alright thank you i didn't even see the PhotonServerSettings!
    however after changing it to selfhosted I'm still producing the same error message.

Image :)
    0GO0zVc.png

^ Err right click and open in new tab to see the full sized image.

Tobias wrote:
    Make sure you run the "LoadBalancing (MyCloud)" instance of Photon with the correctly configured IP of your machine.
    Also: If you build for mobile or some simulated machine, those simulated devices use localhost/127.0.0.1 for themselves. They don't reach your windows server and you need to setup a local network IP.
    Test is being done within unity on a windows machine, I've tried localhosting/127.0.0.1 and using another machine on the same network using the servers internal ip, but still with the same error message.
    Tobias wrote:
    Please don't bump your posts. We try to ignore them as we try to answer within a few days anyways. Some topics are unlikely to get help by community members anyways.
    alright, very sorry wont happen again!

Thanks,
    VeRaK

Edit: I have re-installed photon server and pun and the demo for pun works fine to the local server. but still not with playmakers photon demo. So it's definitely the playmakers photon demo that's not working. anyway I'll keep tinkering with it and see what I come up with