[SOLVED]Errors on starting photon control

Options
jaja1
jaja1
edited August 2014 in Photon Server
Hey guys :)
My first post on the forums. I just started off with unity and photon literally a few days ago and I'm building an application for a personal project. I'm not totally new to the networking and app dev field however, been at it since I was a kid xD.
Anyway, I have decided to switch from using the photon cloud to hosting my own server locally. I need to do so because I want to implement a client>server>database system to store data for my application (and of course return data to the client).

However, I ran into two errors upon starting the photon control (attached to post).
I use windows xp 32-bit. I am on an administrator account and have never had any issues before running applications. I also have the latest .NET standalone installed (if that makes a difference). I use Norton 360 and it won't block any applications without telling me so. I have also tried the win32_xp and win32 version.

Could someone provide some assistance please?
(BTW I plan on moving my server to a windows 64 bit machine, I just wanted tot est my application on an older computer first.)

Comments

• jaja1
    Options
    Anyone? :/
  • jaja1
    Options
    *bump* probably too soon but I've been searching for days guys and I really need a reply at least :oops:
  • Sorry for the late response here. We try to do our best, but there are times when other high-prio issues pop up and free forum support has to wait a bit, especially during weekends. Sorry for that!

For your issue: I'll send you a PM with a link to package that should contain a fix - please give it a try and let me know if it works; and I'll update the released version in our download section as well.
  • jaja1
    Options
    Thanks again Nicole for the assistance!
    I hope this fix helps other people because you really can't find this error anywhere else.