LiteLobbyDemo failed with public IP

Options
dungthoso
edited July 2014 in Photon Server
Hi folks,
I'm new to photon server. I intend to use it with Unity 3D and have a try with LiteLobby chat demo, but I got one issue that the demo only works with local IP address while it doesn't with public one. Can you help me find out the solution?
Thanks in advance.

Comments

• vmarquis
    Options
    If you right click on the poton control icon you can choose the IP you wan't your server work one. Does it help?
  • Thanks for your response. It doesn't work for me, in addition, I and a group of people sharing the same public IP, is that the reason?
  • vmarquis
    Options
    In this case you have to redirect explicitly the port you use on your server in your NAT (the material which allows you to share the connection, can be a router).
  • Yep. You need to configure your router appropriately, you should search for "port forwarding" to get further information.

We have heard of a few cases where this does not work correctly, especially for UDP, some routers (or even internet providers?) don't seem to support this properly. In that case, it might be easiest to rent a cheap virtual server with a static IP and host Photon there.
  • Thank you very much. I'll consider it carefully