How to detect a connection uses proxy

Options
cuongvu
cuongvu
edited July 2014 in Photon Server
Hi,

I want to prevent some connections which ones use proxy to connect to game server. They use a software application likes a proxy to change packet content before sending to game server.

Would you like to help me to find a way to detect those connections ?

Thank you very much,

Comments

• Can you explain in more detail what exactly they are doing, please?

I have given some ideas about request validation here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3798

Maybe one of these approaches apply to your situation? If not, I need more information about your scenario. Thanks!
  • cuongvu
    Options
    Nicole wrote:
    Can you explain in more detail what exactly they are doing, please?

I have given some ideas about request validation here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3798

Maybe one of these approaches apply to your situation? If not, I need more information about your scenario. Thanks!

Hi Nicole,

Thanks for your response,

I have tried hashcode some important data before sending to game server as you wrote in that thread. However, he (player/cheater) uses a software as proxy software and let game client connects to that proxy and he edits/replaces the data then send "fake data" to game server.

The network:
    Game Client <
    > Proxy <
    > Game server

Hope you can help in this situation,

Thank you very much,
  • vmarquis
    Options
    Hello

To prevent this you can use Encryption see
    http://doc.exitgames.com/en/onpremise/current/reference/encryption
  • cuongvu
    Options
    Hi vmarquis,

The encryption only supports in C#, without Flash sdk for example. However, with a sniff packages tool and a proxy software between client and game server as I explained the above, it does not help to stop the cheat.

Thank you.