Policy application issue.

Options
OmegaGames
edited May 2014 in Photon Server
Hello, currently when I boot up my server applications the first server a player connects to sets the TCP-listeners for the Policy application. However, for the next server they connect to, the gameserver, it cannot set these listeners as they're already in use yet when I attempt to connect to the gameserver I get a security exception.

What can I do so that both server applications provide the policy service to connecting clients?

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    I guess you are starting two Photon instances on the same physical machine - one with the "master" (first) server and another one with the "game server"? Is that correct?

There are several options:
    a) Configure the first Photon instance to listen to all IPs (set IPAddress="0.0.0.0" on the Policy File listeners), so the policy requests to your game server are actually handled by the first Photon instance as well... and remove the policy listeners on the gameserver instance.
    b) Configure a separate IP for the policy listener in each Photon instance (in case your server has multiple IPs)
    c) Host both applications in the same Photon instance and start the Policy listeners only once

Either approach should work - if you still have trouble, can you please send me your PhotonServer.config files so that I can check what you have configured?