"Hello world" tutorial

Options
2»

Comments

• sebako
    Options
    Can you take a look at your Visual Studio? In the Solution explorer check the Properties/AssemblyInfo.cs and see whats in there.

I guess if you create a new project and put everything in there it will work, probably give it a try, just create a new project and call it AreaOfEffect and then just copy all your files in there and create a build of it. On a wild guess this should work because the assembly will be created with the correct references then.

elsewise I am out of ideas ...
  • zergcow
    Options
    yea 3.5 did mot work. Also, the assembly info is all AreaOfEffect so no problem there
  • Boris
    Options
    do you maybe use a version of photon that does not match the dlls your application uses?
  • zergcow
    Options
    not sure what you mean by matching my DLLs but here is the version info...
    PhotonSocketServer.2010
    x64 Unicode Release
    BuildDate: 2011-05-26 17:47:38
    Version: 2.6.7.525
    SVN repository: photon-socketserver
    SVN revisions of...
    ... this project: 525
    ... bin-tools: 81
  • Boris
    Options
    if you upgraded from a previous version or downloaded the project somewhere else it might be that the photon.socketserver.dll and the photonhostruntimeinterfaces.dll that you use in your application have a version that does not match the one that photon expects. So make sure that you use the dlls from the lib folder that came with the photon version that you start.
  • zergcow
    Options
    oh wow ok so apparently the following files are not copying over to my bins folder:
    ExitGamesLibs.dll
    ExitGamesLibs.pdb
    ExitGamesLibs.xml
    Photon.SocketServer.dll
    Photon.SocketServer.pdb
    Photon.SocketServer.xml

How do I get those to copy over? They are all included as references in my project.
  • zergcow
    Options
    oh ... set copy local to true ... ok I got it.
  • So what was the final solution to this problem? Zergcow seems to have everything resolved, but what is the explanation of how he did it?

I'm experiencing the same problem.
  • What is your exact problem? Please let me know your error message, provide a log file and your PhotonServer.config file.

What zergcow experienced was that some DLL's that are referenced in his solution where not copied to the output directory, from where Photon loads the application. He solved it by clicking the reference in VisualStudio and setting the "Copy Local" property to "true".

But there could be several other causes for that error message, so his solution might not be yours.