Ports for PUN

Options
Hey I'm creating a project for university and it needs to be shown on campus, the problem is the game cannot connect to the cloud due to ports not being open, which ports will need to be opened in order to connect to the cloud from campus?

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hi,
    Here you can find the list of ports used.

Best regards, Khetag
  • Would i need every one of those ports open for the game to run?
  • Hello,

if you want to use Photon Cloud, you need that ports tthat are described in the column for "Photon Realtime and Photon Turnbased".

If you are using Unity, you need the TCP port 843 / 943 (for policy requests) and all ports from the UDP range (i.e., 5055 - 5058).
  • Petr
    Options
    Could you explain a little more please?
    We use PUN.
    We are porting our mobile game to WebPlayer.
    We can play sometimes normally.
    But someitmes we see in web players console messages that Socket policy cannot be loaded when connecting to Photon Cloud.

What reasons can lead to such behavior?
    How should we fix this?
    Thank you a lot!
  • Hello,

the request for the policy file is the first request that your client makes to Photon / Photon Cloud. So if you have a bad connection (either on your client side, or if we have a short network hickup at our servers), it is very likely that this first request fails. In general, there is not much you (or we) can do about this...

Is this on mobile devices? Are you using WiFi or 3G? Can you try the other one and see if that improves the situation?
    Which Photon Cloud region are you using, and is that the nearest region to your location?
  • Petr
    Options
    Desktop Mac OS, Safari, Wi-Fi
    Yes, we will try
    US, no, not nearest
    Thank you
  • Tobias
    Options
    Unity sometimes has trouble getting the policy file when you debug. I am unsure how and when this affects the testing. If you do something like that, try running the plain client, too.