Noobie is very confused

Options
Spatula
edited April 2014 in Photon Server
I am excited about the prospect of making games, as I have extensive design skills, and have been trained in animation. I am, however, extremely noobish when it comes to servers. I don't even know how to set up a home network. lol. So I have downloaded stuff, I have the photon tutorials, and I have made an account, with an appId number and everything. This is about when I derailed, and got lost. I entered the appId in the Photon Networking PUN Wizard. That is when everything went wrong...

I first hit start, on the converter area. I promptly gave me a nice dance floor, and tons of errors. I got into the code, and fixed a few missing ending parenthesis. Here are the errors I am left with:

Conversion to PUN ignores all files with "PhotonNetwork" in their file-path.
Check: Assets\Photon Unity Networking\Editor\PhotonNetwork\AccountService.cs
UnityEngine.Debug:LogWarning(Object)
PhotonConverter:ConvertScripts(List`1) (at Assets/Photon Unity Networking/Editor/PhotonNetwork/PhotonConverter.cs:171)
PhotonConverter:RunConversion() (at Assets/Photon Unity Networking/Editor/PhotonNetwork/PhotonConverter.cs:112)
PhotonEditor:OnGuiMainWizard() (at Assets/Photon Unity Networking/Editor/PhotonNetwork/PhotonEditor.cs:578)
PhotonEditor:OnGUI() (at Assets/Photon Unity Networking/Editor/PhotonNetwork/PhotonEditor.cs:386)
UnityEditor.DockArea:OnGUI()

Assets/Photon Unity Networking/Demos/DemoFriendsAndCustomAuth/GUIFriendsInRoom.cs(27,50): error CS1061: Type `PhotonPlayer[]' does not contain a definition for `Count' and no extension method `Count' of type `PhotonPlayer[]' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Assets/Photon Unity Networking/Demos/DemoFriendsAndCustomAuth/GUIFriendsInRoom.cs(27,19): error CS1502: The best overloaded method match for `UnityEngine.GUILayout.Label(UnityEngine.Texture, params UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[])' has some invalid arguments

Assets/Photon Unity Networking/Demos/DemoFriendsAndCustomAuth/GUIFriendsInRoom.cs(27,19): error CS1503: Argument `#1' cannot convert `object' expression to type `UnityEngine.Texture'

At this point, im so completely lost I shall go have a beer and try not to yell at the puter screen. lol

UPDATE: I forgot to mention this. I ran the "test" file, after changing the appId in the "DemoGUI.cs". It still listed the default text, and did not recognize I changed anything. Not sure about why that is happening yet.

Comments

• Tobias
    Options
    :)
    I think I'm lost, too...

When you import PUN into a new project without any previous stuff in, then you don't need the converter. That's also the easiest start you can have.
    Maybe you just create a new project in Unity and import PUN. When the Wizard pops up, copy and paste your AppID.
    Then just run the demos for starter.
    Then check out our Tutorial:
    http://doc.exitgames.com/en/pun/current ... marco-polo

Which version of Unity do you use? It should run the PUN demos and the scripts without warnings usually.