Move from cloud server to own (local) cloud server

Options
dshewmaker
edited March 2014 in Photon Server
Hello,

I am trying to move to the local server and am getting 1 out of 3 clients only getting to joinedLobby and not going into the room. Restart the client and then it will join the room. This even happens on the same machine as the server every once in a while so I know it isn't a network issue. Is there a setting that needs to be changed? There isn't much traffic going on so not sure why the defaults would cause this behavior?

Thanks,
Dennis

Comments

• dshewmaker
    Options
    Seems like the 3rd client will not join room so it then tries to create the same room which already exists. However it can't create it since it is created. The room has 20 max users. Their is no way this has been reached since I restart the server and it happens on the 3rd one.

I can run up to 8 clients at the same time when pointing to the cloud. Sometimes I can keep joining to the room. Other times it stops on the 3rd and no more can join.
  • Tobias
    Options
    It might be the IP config for the LoadBalancing Application on the server side.
    In Photon Control you have to specify which IP should be used by clients to reach your "Game Servers" (running within the server server). By default, that setting should be 127.0.0.1 and clients that come from another machine will not find the Game Servers then.

In Photon Control, find the menu item "Game Server IP Config" and pick a suitable IP that's available for all machines you run clients on.

This is a more comprehensive description:
    http://doc.exitgames.com/en/onpremise/c ... er-in-5min
  • dshewmaker
    Options
    Thanks, I know it is not that because I can recreate that the 3rd client on the same machine has this issue. And I do have the internal IP address selected.

I will reread the link you added.

Thanks.
  • Sorry for the late response. This sounds weird - are you still getting this error?

Are you using the default loadbalancing instance? Have you made any changes to the server side code?
    Can you send a simple reproduction test case or a version of your clients, so that we can reproduce this?
  • dshewmaker
    Options
    Hello,

I just now got it working.

I removed everything and downloaded from the site again.

this time it worked right away. The only thing different that I can think of is that I am only running the application cloud server and not as a service. Perhaps the service was the issue.

This was the 3rd time starting from scratch so the only common thing is that before I was trying with the service.