android

Options
Hello,

I am switching from photon cloud to local cloud and am now having issues with the android clients. I can have windows 7 clients connect to the local cloud application server, but the android stops at PeerCreated. If I use the cloud it connects fine with all platforms. I must be missing something on the android side. If I enable the messages script there is no traffic at all.

It is like the network library is not there at all. If I switch back to cloud it immediately works. Any thoughts as to why it wouldn't work on android local cloud server and will work on the cloud server?

Comments

• dshewmaker
    Options
    This is on Android 4.2.2
    Unity 4.3.4f1
  • dshewmaker
    Options
    And now it doesn't work with the cloud on the android, but does with windows 7. I must have clobbered something, but the build is only slightly different in unity. Am I missing some photon library for android?
  • dshewmaker
    Options
    Answer for others in case this comes up in a search:

I deleted all photon folders, scripts and started over and then it started working. I am not sure why it stopped, but I am sure I must have removed or editing something. There were no actual compile errors.
  • Tobias
    Options
    This sounds weird. Maybe it was due to some mixed up libraries. Unity has an interesting way to keep them in memory and use.
    Maybe you used the local IP for the local server? If so: The Android is another device and needs a server IP that's not "localhost". Maybe that was messed up?

Glad to read you solved it.
  • I deleted all photon folders, scripts and started over and then it started working.
    I also had similar problem when trying to launch DemoRPGMovement example on andrid device. On web, in editor it worked. But on android device connection stoped at "PeerCreated". Removing Photon folders and importing again solved problem and I was able to see other robots.