PASK Setup Issues

Options
Maverick
edited April 2014 in Photon Server
Hi,

I've been trying for the better part of two days to fix this but I don't know what I'm missing. I tried to go around but I think missing this step is causing too many issues to ignore.

When I follow the PASK guide (which seems to be outdated):

http://doc.exitgames.com/en/onpremise/c ... r-kit-pask

The issue I've been having is that during Step 5 of the Quickstart section (building the photonapps-azurelite.zip file) returns the following error:

"The project file "..\..\src-server\Policy\Policy.2008.sln" was not found."

I've looked around trying to find if anybody else has had this issue to no avail. I don't know whether I've missed something in the prerequisite steps that creates this file.

I've attempted to skip ahead of this step which has worked to a degree however my deployed cloud instance is as expected missing the Lite Application and for some the bin_tools folder, which was generating properly in step 5 so I'm stumped.

Finally for some reason my Azure Instance has a status of "Busy (Waiting for role to start... Calling OnRoleRun​). I'm not sure if that's something to do with PASK or not.

This error message is in the photon-logs:

2014-03-18 20:16:12,861 [11] ERROR Photon.Azure.Shared.WorkerRoleBase - RoleEnvironment OnStatusCheck:Busy - Role Failed!

Any help anyone can offer is much appreciated​.

Thanks

Comments

• Oh, yes... the Policy application was removed and replaced by a listener that simply returns the policy files... at least the PASK quickstart guide needs to be fixed, and I'll check if we need to update anything in the source code as well. (I think that this was done for the 3.4 server release - but I will double check).

I'll update this topic as soon as I have more information.
  • Hi Nicole,

Thanks for your response. Would there be any alternative in the mean time? Could I just run the normal Photon Server SDK on a Azure Cloud Instance or does it have to be deployed via visual studio and the PASK?

Thanks
  • You can easily start an Azure VM and deploy the normal Photon Server SDK there.

Our PASK concept is from the time where Azure did not have VMs (only Web/Worker Roles), and although we still support & use PASK, it's not top prio - I hope that I have time to have a look later this week, but can't promise right now. Sorry!
  • Thanks for the help, Nicole.

I'll try the VM with the normal SDK route and get back to you.

Thanks.
  • bgm
    Options
    Hi, I was wondering about anyone's progress with this. I have tried setting up a Vm with endpoints and have the Loadbalancing running, but I cant connect to it with Unity or telnet.
  • Sorry, we don't have time to look into the PASKs issues at the moment. :(

However, you should be able to connect to your Azure VM just fine.

Make sure that you:
    - configure the correct endpoints in the Azure management portal (if you are using Unity, you need UDP (!) ports 5055 - 5058, and TCP 843 / 943 for policy requests for Web Player)
    - start Photon Control, which automatically configures the Windows Firewall
    - make sure that Photon is indeed running (is the PhotonSocketServer.exe process running in taskmanager?), check the log files for any errors.

Please let me know if it still does not work for you.