TryAcquireSRWLockExclusive not found

Options
digitalgem
edited February 2014 in Photon Server
I am running Vista 32-bit, SP-2. I can start bin_Win32/PhotonControl.exe, it finds my license and the tray icon appears, but when i attempt to start Default or LoadBalancing as application I get a popup with the title, PhotonSocketServer.exe - Entry Point Not Found, and in the window itself:

The procedure entry point TryAcquireSRWLockExclusive could not be located in the dynamic link library Kernel32.dll

I'm not sure what's going on so if anyone has any pointers it is greatly appreciated!

Cheers!

Jim

Comments

• Which version of the Photon SocketServer SDK are you using?
  • Can you please try the Win_32_xp build of Photon? Does it have the same result?
  • Hi Nicole,

I downloaded the latest, v3-4-13-5874.

I will try the Win_32_XP tonight and see what I get.

Cheers!

Jim
  • Hi Nicole,

When I run the win_xp_32 I get the following in the log:

87628: 15:06:31.072 - CService::OnException() - Exception: CCLRRuntimeInfo::IsStarted() - version: "v1.1.4322" - Not implemented

and then it shuts down.

Thanks!

Jim
  • Hi digitalgem,

this looks like the proper version of the .NET framework is missing on your machine. Are you sure that your system meets the requirements? You need at least .NET Framework 3.5.1.

http://doc.exitgames.com/photon-server/Requirements/
  • Hi Nicole,

I have .Net 4.5.1 and 3.5 SP1 installed on my system. In fact it looks like .Net 4.5.1 updated overnight. After a reboot I still get the same problem relative to the deployment.

Jim
  • Thanks for your feedback. We'll look into this as soon as possible.
  • One more data point to consider. I tried the same version of the server on a Vista 64-bit system with the same result.