NetSync The players prefab never gets created.

Options
sarakin
edited March 2011 in DotNet
I have a trouble with this tutorial:
The players prefab never gets created.
Can you help me, please!

Unity verson 3.1.0f4
Netsync-Demo-for-Photon-v2-0-5-1.zip
ExitGames-Photon-Server-SDK_v2-4-5.zip

Comments

• Tobias
    Options
    Can you be more specific, please?
    Did you follow the instructions in sdk\NetSyncObjects\readme.txt and built the server?

Did you check your client and server output (log / output in editor)? Any errors? Anything that points to the error?
  • flamy
    Options
    I have a similar problem. when ever i run the netsync project it connects but player never gets created.. it shows the following error

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    PhotonManager.OperationResult (Byte opCode, Int32 returnCode, System.Collections.Hashtable returnValues, Int16 invocID) (at Assets\Scripts\Photon\PhotonManager.cs:443)

followed by the debug

Unhandled NPeerReturnCode caught: -1

Could someone help me Plz
  • Tobias
    Options
    It looks like the operation you sent isn't known to the server. This happens, when you run a client without a fitting server logic (which implements the operations the client wants to call).
    NetSync is not started by default (when you use a freshly unzipped SDK). You need to adjust the config to run it's server logic.

Did you follow the readme instructions how to setup the Netsync server part?
    See: <sdk-unzip>\src-server\NetSyncObjects\readme.txt

If you followed these steps, started the server and it's still not working, it would help if you could attach the server logs. They are in the "log" subfolder where you started Photon in (use PhotonControl and "Explore Working Path" to find it).