Extending Loadbalancing

Options
timothy_dds
edited February 2014 in Photon Server
I am currently extending loadbalancing, and working through debug messages, op and event codes. I have deployed locally and have it running connecting with Unity, server, room etc. I am having a problem getting debug messages out to the logger and making custom Op's work.

Since the below is an old post, is this the info about the ranges for custom Op and Event codes, has there been any update? Or maybe there another doc resource I have missed.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=593&hilit=custom+op+code+range&start=10#p2871

TIA.

Comments

• chvetsov
    Options
    Hi, timothy_dds

It would be good to know what exactly are you tring to do.
    As i understand you managed to connect to game server, right?
    so, if you managed to connect, there is only two places where you may check whether operation reached target or not.
    1. first one is LitePeer on game server. OnOperationRequest - you may log from there or insert break point
    2. LiteGame.ExecuteOperation. You may do same thing as before
  • Hi Ilya, thanks for the reply.

Apols for not being clear. I am extending loadbalancing and implementing my own server-side ops. Working through it, I now have debugging sorted so can see results in the logs. I have a master, gameserver1 & 2 deployed locally running without error, modified all the configs etc. I am getting results sending OpCustom from Unity, and replying to Unity but the responses are all - Unknown Operation.

Thanks for the info in your points 1 & 2. I have been looking at the loadbalancing peers.
  • Also, I thought the correct approach was too inherit from those classes, catch my Ops and pass everything else to the base class.

Working now, cheers.
  • chvetsov
    Options
    Nothing wrong with inheriting itself. We use it often for peers
    it seems like you did something wrong with inheriting
  • Yeah true, I am looking into it again now I have a working example. Thanks.
  • Thanks for the tip. All sorted :)