Photon Turnbased

Options
Kea
Kea
edited February 2014 in Photon Server
Hello.
We develop a free turn-based game. This is a local RPG with quests , but will be able to fight in the arena with other players ( peer to peer ) .

Now we choose the network engine. Both the Photon Server and the Photon Cloud have slightly different functionality than we need ( we need the server to provide a list of players who are now playing our game .If a player wants to suddenly cause another player to a duel , another player's local quest is interrupted , there is a battle , and the quest continues) .

Perhaps we would come up step by step photon. There are several questions on it :
1) Can I get a beta version of Photon Turnbased?
2) You have written "special price model optimized for turnbased". Can you tell more about this price model?
3 ) Is Photon Turnbased hosted by customer ( like a Photon Server ) or hoster by ExitGames ( like a Photon Cloud )? From the description I have understood that it be like a Photon Cloud, is it right?
4) When you plan to release Photon Turnbased?

Comments

• Kea
    Options
    Anybody can answer me when released Photon Turnbased?
    Can I get a beta version?
    If the release date is not defined - answer me, then we will use Photon Cloud.
  • Tobias
    Options
    Photon Turnbased is in Early Access as part of the Photon Cloud. So it's also hosted but the price model is not yet clear.
    You will need some other web-server to take over some of the tasks to make games persistent, so this might add to the bill. At the moment, we use webscript.io and there is a trial to evaluate the whole package.

Get access here:
    https://groups.google.com/a/exitgames.c ... ased-group

At the moment we have only Unity clients. We want your feedback and finalize things, then we will port the API to other client packages.
  • Kea
    Options
    Thanks for the answer Tobias.

Our game is written in Unity.

We will try Photon Turnbased.