Error on building server applications

Options
ziv03
edited January 2014 in Photon Server
I downloaded photon server SDK.
I opened the phtonControl through the folder bin_win32_xp and it works fine.
Now I opened loadBalancing project through the folder src-server\Loadbalancing and when I build the project it shows this error:
"The procedure entry point GetTickCount64 could not be located in the dynamic link lybrary KERNEL32.dll".

I understand this is something with differences between windows-versions or something but I only have one source of the loadBalancing, not one for each (win32/wind32xp/win64).

Any idea how to build the project?

Comments

• chvetsov
    Options
    Hi, ziv03
    What is your operating system? I assume Window XP 32, right?
  • Thanks but I actually found the problem, I'm now able to build the solution.
    I have one more question though.
    I know I can host the photon server through hosting services like windows azure but the pricing over there is really confusing me.
    I don't actually understand what I need to purchase in azure to run my photon server over there.
  • Hi ziv03,

the easiest way is to order a virtual server (VM). For development, a CPU with 2 cores & 2 GB RAM should be more than sufficient, you might want to upgrade later when you run heavier tests or release your game. Make sure you get enough bandwitdh and have a look at the traffic costs.

If you need better performance and / or have multiple users, a dedicated server usually gives better performance than a VM and is often cheaper as well - although not as flexible.

Hope this helps!