BadPractice
edited January 2014 in DotNet
hi im using PUN+ with Unity free
if(PhotonNetwork.isMasterClient)
{
PhotonNetwork.Destroy(gameObject);
}

results in
Failed to 'network-remove' GameObject. Client is neither owner nor masterClient taking over for owner who left: View (0)2007 on Cannonball(Clone)

what am i doing wrong?

Comments

• In my Opinion if a Thread does not get any answer that long its because of 1 out of 2 reasons:

1st: Its not clear what that person wants. In that case please tell me what you need to know. I dont bite (most times) :)

2nd: Its clear what the Person wants but noone can help him: In that case i kindly ask exit games to guide me to the process of a bug report so the problem can be fixed
  • can at least someone tell me if this is a bug or a regular behvour? The masterclient should be able to remove that object right?
  • Tobias
    Options
    In this case, there was no answer because our team was still on winter vacation. Sorry for the delay.

The Master Client can only destroy GOs if their owner left the room already. To take over GOs that have no owner, more or less.
    Else, the owner of the GO should destroy it.

This behavior was done by design in the client logic. This could be changed in the PUN source. If you changed this, you must be very aware that GOs could be destroyed on one client while another might still send RPCs to it at the same time. If they arrive or not is up to timing and more or less random (which you want to avoid, cause it's confusing).
  • Hi, I am new to PUN. Re the above, can you tell me how to check for GO ownership. I am getting the same error, but don't know how to check if I am the owner of the GO or not.

Thanks in advance for your help.
  • Tobias
    Options
    Fetch the PhotonView of the GO and check: photonView.isMine.