Memory Usage

Options
qaz
qaz
edited November 2013 in Photon Server
Is it possible to find memory usage per application?

Comments

• No, that's not easily possible.

Analyzing memory leaks is tough, but here are some ideas that might help you:

- you can try to split your multiple appliction into multiple Photon instances to find the culprit (1 Photon = 1 application). (This requires some configuration work, and you need to spend some thoughts about listeners etc. to avoid port conflicts)., and the insights are probably limited, so it might not be worth the effort.

- Please check all log files for exceptions or error messages that might give a hint. If there are exceptions (although if they seem unrelated) - fix them first.

- you'll get the best results if you attach a memory profiler to Photon, like http://memprofiler.com/ or RedGate ANTS memory profiler. There are some known issues with the RedGate memory profiler + Photon - you probably need to switch the Photon CLR to v2.0 to get it running (if that is even possible - your applications need to run with .NET 3.5 then).

Btw., if Photon uses only the 118MB from the screenshot, that is not a problem. Photon allocates some memory as "buffer" for each peer that connects, and eventually, the memory usage should decrease again when the peers are disconnected.
  • qaz
    Options
    Thanks for reply, I'll try memory profiler.
    The screenshot is from my pc just to show what I ment to say.