[Solved] Island Demo not working on Unity 3.0 and 2.6

Options
thetnswe
thetnswe ✭✭
edited February 2011 in DotNet
Hi,
Can you please re-up the Island MMO demo with AI moving around... I've opened this one in my unity 3.0 and there's nothing shows on it... I also tried opening it on Unity 2.6 and it doesn't work either.. Do I really need Unity 2.5 to test this project.. One question about AI in that demo? Does it done in the server side AI or can I create AI characters on the client side too?

Comments

• Tobias
    Options
    I just tested it in Unity 3.1 and made it work with a few extra steps:

The readme.txt of the Island demo is hidden here:
    SDK_v2-4-4\src-server\Mmo\Photon.MmoDemo.Client.UnityIsland\readme.txt
    This explains how you merge the Island Demo with ours. It does not mention the upgrading yet.
    I had a crash with Unity upgrading in the first run but simply tried to open the scene a second time and upgrade worked. The compiler lists two errors. Doubleclick to open the source and comment out both lines with errors. This was also discussed in the Unity Forum when it came to upgrading.

Now, the Unity part should run. You can run around the island but don't see anyone.
    This is where the Windows / DotNet client comes in. In the Island Demo we didn't include client side AI, so you can't add bots in Unity!

The DotNet Photon.MmoDemo.Client.WinGrid must be built by you. This should work instantly in Visual Studio but also Mono Develop. Open the solution SDK_v2-4-4\src-server\Mmo\Photon.Mmo.sln and build the project Photon.MmoDemo.Client.WinGrid. You can also run this.
    A new window shows the heightmap of the island and you can add bots by pressing the Insert key. They should turn up in the Island Demo in Unity on the radar and you can adjust the view-area with the mouse wheel.

Check out the MMO client description in the DevNet. We will extend the pages (with this setup guide) soon.

Edit: Boris should answer the AI questions soon. He implemented that :)
  • Tobias
    Options
    I try to convert all these postings into DevNet pages.
    Hope it makes sense (even though it's still bare): http://developer.exitgames.com/mmo/unityislanddemo
  • thetnswe
    Options
    Thanks... I will try to understand them..
  • thetnswe
    Options
    I got the island demo working now.. Thanks alot for your tips and advices .... :)
  • Tobias
    Options
    You're welcome. We should have had those in the first place. Good to know it's working now.
    I hope you don't mind that I added a [solved] to the post's topic.
  • thetnswe
    Options
    Yes.. It's solved now :) I am start learning of exactly how the Photon handles all the client's information right now and hopefully I can develop my own small MMO after that..