serveral maps

Options
Hi_TT
edited September 2013 in Photon Server
Hi guys!:
time flys, I have learn photon serveral month, and I have publish a game use the photon ,now I have begin my second MMO game, it call a "MMO", but I don't use the MMO Demo that the exitgames provide, instead ,I use the loadbalancing for the game, and I find that MMO Demo is just a framework ,so I think although I use the loadbalancing for my second game ,I can change it to be the MMO ,I have finished the chatserver ,loginserver ,characterserver and add the AOI ,NPC into the loadbalancing project ,it sounds everything is ok ,the map_data and NPC_data I have finished ,when the photon start ,I just need to read the data from the map_data file and NPC_data file and initial the mmoworld ,but one map(or we call one scene only contains a map) is simple to manage ,if I have five different maps in my loadbalancing project , how should I manage these five maps , I creat five rooms to hold the five maps ,how should I do that .My hardware is one gameserver and one masterserver . anyone has a good idea ? I'll apprieate ! :)

Comments

• chvetsov
    Options
    Just rename class Room to class Worl and you will create 5 worlds instead of 5 rooms. :)

In my opinion, your idia is totaly right.
    I mean that every room is totaly independent from other. They can have totaly different properties and logic, and world data one of such properties.

I do not know your game, so i can not say exactly, but it is possible that you will need to add region managment to reduce amount of messages from server to client
  • chvetsov wrote:
    Just rename class Room to class Worl and you will create 5 worlds instead of 5 rooms. :)

In my opinion, your idia is totaly right.
    I mean that every room is totaly independent from other. They can have totaly different properties and logic, and world data one of such properties.

I do not know your game, so i can not say exactly, but it is possible that you will need to add region managment to reduce amount of messages from server to client

:) thanks chvetsov! my game have implement the region managment,the game is like this:

a. when the photon start ,I read the map data and the NPC data from the file (the file I contains all map data and npc data)

b. then I use the data to simulate the world in the photon server side,and it works ,the npc and players can be Synchronous, the AOI is good ,but it just only one map ,I mean that now I have creat only one room to hold the map, if I want to creat anthother room to hold a the second map ,all logic are implement on the server side,the client just need to receive the data from the server side and show them, should I have to implement a scene_management class to managment these maps ,I use the loadbalancing project.

Btw, the room concerpt I don't quite understand ,one room is one thread ?? thanks :)
  • chvetsov
    Options
    sorry, i do not know what is 'AOI' and i should admit, that not realy understood you desciption in b).
    actually you are not limited any how in case of rooms creation. You may create many rooms with same map data if this is sutable for you. or you can limit your self to only one room per world.

about room concept:
    well, main idea is next.
    basicly room is a group of player, which exchange messages in certain manner. if player send a message, it can be sent to:
    - all players
    - to all exept sender
    - to some group of players

all messages handling is done in single threaded manner. All messages from players are handled one by one. so you do not care about synchronization.
    it is good for you MMO too. Code will be much easier
  • chvetsov wrote:
    sorry, i do not know what is 'AOI' and i should admit, that not realy understood you desciption in b).
    actually you are not limited any how in case of rooms creation. You may create many rooms with same map data if this is sutable for you. or you can limit your self to only one room per world.

about room concept:
    well, main idea is next.
    basicly room is a group of player, which exchange messages in certain manner. if player send a message, it can be sent to:
    - all players
    - to all exept sender
    - to some group of players

all messages handling is done in single threaded manner. All messages from players are handled one by one. so you do not care about synchronization.
    it is good for you MMO too. Code will be much easier

:) Hey thanks for the soon reply ,AOI (area of interest), it is the interest management solution, my english is not good ,in a word ,I don't quite know how to manage the maps with the photon ,can you give me some idea ? ;)
  • chvetsov
    Options
    >>I don't quite know how to manage the maps with the photon ,can you give me some idea ?
    well, it is totaly up to you and depends on you game logic. For instance, you may create all you worlds and user will be connected to them later. You may create new worlds when they are needed. You may have many copies of same world.
    Photon does not limit you.
    I assume that LoadBalancing logic will not satisfy you at some moment. Be ready and brave to change it.