Disconnect due to timeout

Options
fss
fss
edited August 2013 in DotNet
Hi,

I've got rare and random timeout disconnects on mobile devices (iOS, Android). I'm using Photon3Unity3D.dll. Peer.Update() is being called in game loop (DontDestroyOnLoad), profiler shows about 20% of GPU and CPU usage, Peer.IsSendingOnlyAcks regulates scene loading (true while scene is loading, false after loading). In addition, I should say, that sometimes server event appear on one device slower, than on others (rare and random lag).

What could be causing this problem?

Comments

• Tobias
    Options
    > sometimes server event appear on one device slower, than on others (rare and random lag).
    What do you mean by server event?

It seems you made sure you followed all advice about calling Service.
    IsSendingOnlyAcks only means no operations are sent. It's important to call SendAkcsOnly() or SendOutgoingCommands() regularly. Makre sure it's not related to loading resources.

It could also be a traffic problem. Is this happening when you send a lot of data or at some other specific event?

Random disconnects can be caused by a range of network conditions, too. You don't always have those under control. If you can, switch the wlan you're using, try the game on PC in emulator, etc.