Trouble getting server to start

Options
criimson
edited August 2013 in Photon Server
Well met.

I downloaded Photon to use in my Unity project. I plan on hosting myself and am having troubles getting the PhotonLauncher to stay started.
I loads up seemingly fine and launches a window. I starts up, notifying me of the ip address and port, but then shuts down automatically. I can click start and it starts but then shuts down.

I tried looking over the site and guides, but it seems the version in the redist is different. For instance there are no binary folders except win32_xp and I am using windows 7 x64. Also when I minimize the window to send it to the tray if I right click the icon to open the menu as in the video it just reopens the window which seems to have no options at all other then the start button.

Any help would be appreciated as I look forward to using this network API in my upcoming games,

Thank you
Criimson
Dormitan Games

Comments

• Tobias
    Options
    Yes, the redist is a streamlined package with less clutter and options.

Make sure you downloaded your redist license and applied that.
    If you downloaded a zip and extracted it with the Windows built-in zip tool, please download 7zip or another zip tool and unpack into another folder. The Windows built-in unpackaging marks files as "untrusted" and Photon can't run due to that.

Let us know if either helped. I'm sure Nicole knows some more troubleshooting for less frequent issues.
  • If you plan to host Photon yourself, the "Photon Server SDK" would be the right choice, not the "Redistributable" SDK.
    That one is intended to be distributed to your gamers, so that they can host their own local servers for LAN parties etc.
  • Ah thank you. I had the sdk and thought it was source code for after i learned the interface. Everything is as it should be now.
  • That was easy. ;)

Good luck & let us know if we can assist with anything else!