LoadBalancing application save player information

Options
mad_sir1
mad_sir1 ✭✭
edited August 2013 in Photon Server
:) Hey! guys !I am back
is anyone knows how to save the players information in the loadbalancing application ,I use the sql server.my game like this: I open many rooms ,and I keep the rooms data ,and although the last players leaves the room .the room willnot dispose, players can jump the room to another room,so I don.t know how to save the player information ,I use 4 physical computers, one for masterserver ,the other three are for three gameservers ,so how should I do to save the players data ,or I should use another computer to hold the sqlserver and everygameserver connect to the computer to save the data?? right?? :?

Comments

• mad_sir1
    Options
    :? nobody knows how to solve the problem? I mean that if I use the loadbalancing project ,I have 4 computers ,so one for masterserver ,the left are for gameservers ,I use the sqlserver to save the data,how should I deploy my sqlserver ? maybe I should have a seperate computer to hold all players data?? I want to deploy the sqlserver to every gameserver,but how to do that when I programming beacuse everyplayer can go this gameserver to another,how should I do :cry:
  • Hey,

sorry for the late response. You should definitely not deploy an SQL server instance to each GS. You need one database for all your player data.

Either take a separate machine, or host SQL server on one of the existing servers - if the Master server hasn't to much load, it could probably also host the SQL server.

You have different options then:
    1. connect to the SQL Server from each GS directly
    2. build a simple web application as a "proxy" (with methods likes "UploadPlayerData"). Only the web app has a connection to the SQL Server.
    2a) the GS then connects to the proxy web application to upload the data
    2b) or the clients connect to the proxy web application to upload the data

All approaches are fine.
  • mad_sir1
    Options
    Nicole wrote:
    Hey,

sorry for the late response. You should definitely not deploy an SQL server instance to each GS. You need one database for all your player data.

Either take a separate machine, or host SQL server on one of the existing servers - if the Master server hasn't to much load, it could probably also host the SQL server.

You have different options then:
    1. connect to the SQL Server from each GS directly
    2. build a simple web application as a "proxy" (with methods likes "UploadPlayerData"). Only the web app has a connection to the SQL Server.
    2a) the GS then connects to the proxy web application to upload the data
    2b) or the clients connect to the proxy web application to upload the data

All approaches are fine.
    Hey !thanks Nicole,it makes sense,but if use only one sql ,then the other gameserver should exchange the data with the sql through the internet ,it may take much widthband,you know the data in the game will exchange every time :)
    Btw: what is the method uploadplayerdata ,can you give me some turial
  • Just an example. You can define any methods you need, of course.

Sorry, I can't give general advice on database design or web application programming here. This is a Photon support forum. ;)