Photon Lobby Server

Options
MoPhoGames
edited July 2013 in Photon Server
Hello, I am looking into using Photon for my game. I am especially intrigued by the new Redistributable servers.
I am curious though, if I wanted to have one Photon server for the lobby, perhaps a few "official" servers, and then redistributable servers that players can run themselves, how can I keep track of these from a lobby server? My first thought was somehow having each server maintain a connection to the lobby server as a peer, but I think this requires including the client SDK and I'm not sure how I feel about doing so.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Hello,

your idea is perfectly fine. You don't need the Client SDK - you can use the ApplicationBase.ConnectToServerTcp() method to establish a connection from the redistributable server to the lobby server.

I explained the Server2Server-connections in this thread, might help you as well: forum.exitgames.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2879
  • Oh wow, that's exactly what I needed. I originally had no clue how I would differentiate between players and servers, so I added an operation that "upgraded" a peer from player to server, but I see it would be better to use different ports for the purpose.
    Thanks!