out of sync

Options
Hi

I get this error:

InvalidOperationException: out of sync
System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2+Enumerator[System.String,Bomb].VerifyState () (at /Applications/buildAgent/work/84669f285f6a667f/mcs/class/corlib/System.Collections.Generic/Dictionary.cs:912)
System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2+Enumerator[System.String,Bomb].MoveNext () (at /Applications/buildAgent/work/84669f285f6a667f/mcs/class/corlib/System.Collections.Generic/Dictionary.cs:835)
System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2+ValueCollection+Enumerator[System.String,Bomb].MoveNext () (at /Applications/buildAgent/work/84669f285f6a667f/mcs/class/corlib/System.Collections.Generic/Dictionary.cs:1145)
ServerScript.Update () (at Assets/_Scripts/ServerScript.cs:26)

I have no idea, what I'm doing wrong and I cannot find some information about this error.

Can somebody please help me?

Comments

• Tobias
    Options
    This is not networking related at all but in case you need some guidance, let me answer this:

This is the exception (error) you get:
    InvalidOperationException: out of sync

This is where it happens (the line number won't help you much, cause you can't access this piece of code):
    Generic.Dictionary`2+Enumerator[System.String,Bomb].VerifyState ()[...] /class/corlib/System.Collections.Generic/Dictionary.cs:912

This is from where it was called (you can actually open this file and line in your editor and check what it does):
    ServerScript.Update () (at Assets/_Scripts/ServerScript.cs:26

So, your script ServerScript is using a Dictionary and iterating over that (using the Enumerator). That fails.
    Using this search "c# dictionary out of sync" gives you some idea of what happens.
  • vampir26
    Options
    Thank you very much!

With your help I was able to solve the problem.

There is a good link for people with the same problem:
    http://software.tavlikos.com/2010/12/20 ... ictionary/

cya