how to do it

Options
Hi_TT
edited July 2013 in Photon Server
Hi guys, :)
I just think if a game is like this ,how to do it if use the photon.

a game contains 10 regions ,every region is a open world,so how could I do that to Separate the 10 reigon ,every reion can hold many players ,maybe the MModemo is a good example,but it just only region ,how to separate 10 region ,it means that region1 is not bussiness the region2, they can't conmmunicate each other, I see the Lite can achive it ,room1 is separated from the room2 ,they don't affect each other,I think if i use the mmodemo to my project it may get easier,but i don't know how to separate the region ,if I use the Lite ,it can solve the problem ,one room is one region ,yes ,but my game is a mmogame ,many players in one region ,a room can hold hundreds of players? the Lite can add the MMO interest managent in it?? anyone can help me ? :P

Comments

• Hi,

the "MMO Demo" is basically a sample for some interest management, which you need in large rooms where you don't want to send all events (like movement actions) to all other players, but only to those who are "interested" - because they in a location nearby, for example.

You don't neccessarily need the MMO demo just because you call your game a MMO game. ;) There are different approaches, you could use separate rooms (think of: "instances") for smaller "subregions" as well, for example.

If you want to stay with multiple large rooms / regions, you probably need a mixture of Lite & MMO. You could start with Lite, create one room peer region (and probably some global rooms, like chat rooms), and add some features from the MMO demo code to the Lite rooms. Or you could implement any other algorithm for interest management - whatever fits your needs best.

Sorry that we can't provide a real tutorial or code examples - the requirements are different for every customer, so it's a bit difficult to provide a good sample here (and to be honest, we didn't had the time to do one yet) .
  • Hi_TT
    Options
    Thanks Nicole , it makes sense ,I think I have understood you idea ,I think Lite is good for me ,and I will use the loadbalancing,room can be a region ,all you are right ,thanks