TimeoutDisconnect while connecting to: app-us.exitgamescloud

Options
Hi,

We have been using the sdk for a while now, it worked like a charm for the past few weeks, then today, the unity plugin stopped working with the above message. What are the steps for me to debug this.

What you should know is that we are an incubator inside a university owned network, they could have changed the network policies without our knowledge this is why I ask the debugging steps. We use the photon cloud infrastructure. I have two machines with firewalls off and my router did not change for a while, no special settings where set on it.

We use Unity 4.0 upgraded from last week, to check if that was the problem, I loaded the DemoBoxes scene and still the message :TimeoutDisconnect while connecting to: app-us.exitgamescloud.com:5055. Check if the server is available." was printed.

Any clues ?

Comments

• Kaiserludi
    Options
    Please try if it works with another cloud region (app-eu, app-asia, app-jp). If it works with none of them then its likely to be an issue with your local setup.
    We have just checked and couldn't see any problems with the US-cloud.
  • Tobias
    Options
    You can sniff the UDP traffic you get on your machine. If the router/firewall settings are restricting this, you might notice that replies from the server get fewer and fewer or won't arrive at all.
  • roychr
    Options
    I tried the different sites (eu,asia) same thing happens, when I create the traffic logging window register a couple of bytes sent but nothing comes back. I will ask around the network team if they happen to made changes to the network and get back at you. I have never tried to sniff the traffic, I have tried wireshark in the past but its very convoluted and not very user friendly...
  • roychr
    Options
    After discussing with network people, they came to the conclusion that the traffic shaper they use must have done something. I tried at home and everything works. I will then try to fix the issue with them.