Authoritative Cloud Server

Options
Oayhan
Oayhan ✭✭
I have a game that uses unity physics and would like to add multiplayer to it using PUN and cloud. I understand that I can't implement physics on server side but is there any way I can use master client for physics calculation? What I had in mind was receiving only inputs from clients and sending position&rotation info back but I need some guidance on how to do it.

Comments

• Tobias
    Options
    You can try this but must be aware of the lag you get when doing this. It depends on your game if it can cope with delays like you get through networking.
    Usually, avoiding Physics in multiplayer is the easiest way.

I'm sorry we can't guide you very well. This is too specific for us to help with.
    You can search this forum for several physics related discussions and check out the synchronization scene from the PUN package to get an idea of lag hiding mechanisms.
  • Oayhan
    Oayhan ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks for the reply, though I'm struggling with the control part at the moment. To implement this logic I would have to make master client the owner of all objects. So how should I instantiate other client prefabs, and let them send input values?