AWS & PhotonServer LoadBalancing

Options
Xerosigma
edited July 2013 in Photon Server
I just installed a fresh copy of PhotonServer on and new AWS EC2 instance and attempted to run the LoadBalancing demo with Unity3D as the client. (Using the Unity3D Load Balancing Demo Client)

The initial connection was a success without doubt, double checked the logs and all.

The issue arises when I make an attempt to create a room. I get the following output in the client:

"The master forwarded you to a gameserver with address: 127.0.0.1:5057.
That address points to 'this computer' anywhere. This might be a configuration error in the game server."

Now if I remember correctly, when I did this on Windows Azure, I did not encounter the same issue.

Question:
After successfully connecting, how do I configure the Load Balancing Server Application to launch new rooms?
Also, is not the Load Balancing Server demo supposed to do this already?

Thank you.

Comments

• You need to configure the GS app so that it uses a public IP.

There are two ways to set it:
    Photon Control -> LoadBalancing IP Config -> autodetect public IP OR set the public IP
    OR
    /deploy/LoadBalancing/GameServer/bin/PhotonLoadBalancing.dll.config -> modify the <PublicIPAddress> settings

Also check out: http://doc.exitgames.com/photon-server/ ... ing/#cadlb
  • @Nicole,

That helped but I am now encountering another issue.

The client now hangs while attempting to connect to the GameServer. It displays this message in the client log:
    OperationResponse 225: ReturnCode: 32760 (No match found). Parameters: {}

It seems like there may be an issue with communication between the Master and the GameServers, please see the output of the LoadBalancing test clients below:

What could be causing this? Thanks!

Additionally, I set the public IP as directed. I have also tried automatic which delivered the same results.
  • Yes, you're right - looks like there is a problem with the communication between Master & GS.

You have only 1 server with 1 Photon that hosts the Master application and the Game Server application(s)? One or two GS apps?

In case you have 2 GS apps loaded (like our sample config from the Photon Server SDK): please check out my post in this thread to see what the problem might be:
    viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2823#p13039

If that does not apply to your setup - can you please send me the MSMaster.log file + the GSGame*.log files? (Either attach them here or send me a PN with a link where I can download the log).
  • That may be my case, however I launched the LoadBalancing application via PhotonControl, and here are the logs:

• Thanks for the log files.

Unfortunately, there is nothing suspicious in it, it all looks good.

A few more things to try:
    - can you run the test client on the server itself and see if it works? (assuming that you run it on your local machine previously - or did you already start it on the server?)
    - can you also upload the log file of the test client? Unfortunately, the console output is not always complete - we need to improve that a bit...
    - have you double-checked that all firewall ports are opened? See the port list here: http://doc.exitgames.com/photon-server/Requirements/
  • I ran the test client on the host of the Master and Game servers but the same issue occurs.

Here is a relevant snippet of the clients log file:

And these are my port settings,two of which (UDP & TCP) I set up my self, the other must have been generated by Photon.

• Thanks again for log files & more info. :)

As far as I remember, ports also need to be opened through the Security Group settings on your Amazon EC2 console - like this: http://cloud-computing.learningtree.com ... firewalls/

I haven't used AWS in a while, but have you checked if this is still the case and everything is configured correctly there? (Please re-check the documentation, http://doc.exitgames.com/photon-server/Requirements/, for a list of ports, your own firewall rule misses a few ports.)

From what I see, the Photon setup is all correct, but something prevents your clients from accessing the instance by their public IP. The windows firewall is fine, too, the auto-generated rule allows access correctly - but I suspect that the request does not reach the machine in the first place.
  • Wooo! I was missing ports, that's what it was: "TCP: 4520 for LoadBalancing GameServer to Master"

Thank you for your patience and all your help Nicole.
  • Glad to hear that it's working now. :)