A working extr/interp sync solution?

Options
I tried porting networkrigidbody to photon but it makes the sync even choppier then without any sync.

Just lerping position makes it delayed.

Has anybody written a working solution like the Networkrigidbody is?

Comments

• filipd
    Options
    bump
  • Paradoks
    Options
    bump too!
  • filipd
    Options
    It's kinda sad how many photon games are published , yet no one uses proper sync. Almost every demo i tried using lerp which looks smooth but it is delayed a lot.
  • Tobias
    Options
    It depends on the specific game, if delay is ok. Maybe those games don't really require much more. Also, there is no "best way", cause it depends on what lag you expect, the input and steering, etc. Lag hiding is still pretty difficult and a "per-game topic".

Have a look at the "Synchronization" Demo in the PUN package. It shows extrapolation, too. Nothing too sophisticated but it could hint you in the proper direction.
    http://u3d.as/2ey
  • filipd
    Options
    Yeah , i saw that. It contains both extrapolation and interpolation but doesn't implement both of them.

NetworkRigidbody/NetworkTransformSync scripts used lerping,extrapolation and interpolation and once. When I used unity networking and used that script there was literally no delay or unsmooth motion.

Can we see some example that will use extrapolation , interpolation and lerping between those points?
  • Paradoks
    Options
    @Filipd
    What did you manage to get ?
    I made a little transformation on the NetworkRigidBody here:
    viewtopic.php?f=6&t=121&hilit=prediction&start=10
    Do you think i am on the right way ?
  • Tobias
    Options
    I can't jump into experimenting now but Leepo once wrote a little sample and maybe you can turn this into a community project to get it fully running.
    I started a topic for that here:
    viewtopic.php?f=17&t=2666