Invalid response code on OpJoin

Options
davesters81
edited April 2013 in DotNet
Hi,

I am working on a small trial application to test the functionality of Photon Cloud for an upcoming game we are developing. I am using the LitePeer for now as that is all we will need for right now. I believe I have everything implemented properly to test a 2 player session. However, I am getting an "Invalid Response Code" message when I call OpJoin.

I call connect to connect to the US server, and it returns true. I get a Connect message in OnStatusChanged, then on this message, I call OpJoin with a roomname only so it will create the room and join it. Then, I get a message back to OnOperationResponse. This message has the OperationCode of 255 (which I believe is the Join code), but it has a ReturnCode of -2, a DebugMessage of "Invalid Response Code", and null Parameters.

Then after this happens, I get an OnStatusChaanged message of DisconnectByServer, then a Disconnect message.

Could I get more information into what this error means, or how to start debugging it?

We will be using Xamarin and MonoGame, in this particular test app I am using MonoGame in a Windows 8 app, and using the Win8RT SDK.

I turned on all Debug messages and captured them here from OnDebugReturn:
ALL: Connect()
ALL: NConnect().
ALL: queueIncomingCommand( NC(0|6 r/u: 1/0 st/r#/rt:0/0/0) ) - incomingReliableSequenceNumber: 0
ALL: OpJoin(testroom)
ALL: queueIncomingCommand( NC(0|6 r/u: 1/0 st/r#/rt:0/0/0) ) - incomingReliableSequenceNumber: 1
INFO: incoming command NC(0|6 r/u: 1/0 st/r#/rt:0/0/0) is old (not saving it). Dispatched incomingReliableSequenceNumber: 1
ALL: queueIncomingCommand( NC(0|6 r/u: 1/0 st/r#/rt:0/0/0) ) - incomingReliableSequenceNumber: 1
INFO: incoming command NC(0|6 r/u: 1/0 st/r#/rt:0/0/0) is old (not saving it). Dispatched incomingReliableSequenceNumber: 1
ALL: queueIncomingCommand( NC(0|6 r/u: 2/0 st/r#/rt:0/0/0) ) - incomingReliableSequenceNumber: 1
INFO: Resending command: NC(255|5 r/u: 44/0 st/r#/rt:50735/1/60735). times out: 131 now: 50875
INFO: Resending command: NC(255|5 r/u: 55/0 st/r#/rt:63407/1/73407). times out: 168 now: 63594
INFO: Resending command: NC(255|5 r/u: 89/0 st/r#/rt:119125/1/129125). times out: 136 now: 121797
INFO: Server sent disconnect. PeerId: 11593 RTT/Variance:100/9
INFO: StopConnection()

I have no idea what this stuff means.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks,
David

Comments

• Tobias
    Options
    Ah, a classic :)
    The LitePeer is built for the "Lite" application. The Photon Cloud servers are running the "LoadBalancing" application (more precisely a variant of that).
    The different server apps don't use the same codes for everything. LoadBalancing knows more of those, for example. Also, Lite runs on one server only where our cloud uses several servers to run games on.

To make our load balancing more seamless in use, we developed the LoadBalancing API and the LoadBalancingClient. It hides some of the work needed for server switching and also offers the other features we support.

While there are differences, the effort to switch should not be too dramatic. In a game, the workflow is very much the same, so it's only about getting connected and into a game.

Hope this helps. Sorry for the late reply.
  • OK, that makes sense then. I was able to get the lite peer working with a local server. I will update to use the load balancing client for the cloud.

Thanks!
    David