Real-time online multiplayer game

Options
ZzeroEX
edited March 2013 in Photon Server
Hi,
I would like to ask some very important questions. I would really appreciate it if you could provide me with some answers. :D

The thing is that I would like to make a MOBILE game that requires just two players. However, the game I have in mind is played in real time and the two players can come from anywhere around the world and there would be multiple pairs playing the game at the same time.

Now I would like to ask whether Photon would be appropriate for these type of mobile gaming. And if so which type, the Photon server or the Photon cloud. If not, is there an alternative?

Comments

• ZzeroEX wrote:
    Hi,
    I would like to ask some very important questions. I would really appreciate it if you could provide me with some answers. :D

The thing is that I would like to make a MOBILE game that requires just two players. However, the game I have in mind is played in real time and the two players can come from anywhere around the world and there would be multiple pairs playing the game at the same time.

Now I would like to ask whether Photon would be appropriate for these type of mobile gaming. And if so which type, the Photon server or the Photon cloud. If not, is there an alternative?

Based purely off the information you're providing, I imagine that Photon Cloud is a better match than Photon Server. Both will work.
  • storm33229 wrote:
    ZzeroEX wrote:
    Hi,

Based purely off the information you're providing, I imagine that Photon Cloud is a better match than Photon Server. Both will work.

HEY! Thanks :) I'll definitely try both
  • Yes, that's exactly what Photon is made for. ;)

Photon Cloud is simpler for a start - I recommend that you give it a try first. It has all the basic functionality for (mobile) multiplayer gaming: simple matchmaking, "rooms", properties and events that are passed between players.

The main limitation of Photon Cloud is that there is no persistence, and you can not customize the server-side logic. If you find that you need one of both later on, you can always switch to Photon Server - they are very similar and so it is easy to switch.

Have a look here: http://doc.exitgames.com/photon-cloud/