PUN and Photon Server

Options
lasd-n
edited March 2013 in Photon Server
Hi,
I need Authoritative Server.
how to implement server with PUN ? ( i want the server to do PhotonNetwork.Instantiate or RPC or Send/Recv PhotonSerialize )
i don't know about The PUN Operation .
how to do it ?

sorry for my english :?

Comments

• I'm not sure that PUN was meant to seamlessly connect to Photon Server... It might work if you're using the Lite/LiteLobby applications, but I am not sure. From what I can tell PUN is only mentioned in the Photon Cloud documentation.

Anyway, this may be helpful: http://doc.exitgames.com/photon-server/ ... /#cat-SDKs
  • Kaiserludi
    Options
    storm33229 wrote:
    I'm not sure that PUN was meant to seamlessly connect to Photon Server... It might work if you're using the Lite/LiteLobby applications, but I am not sure. From what I can tell PUN is only mentioned in the Photon Cloud documentation.

Anyway, this may be helpful: http://doc.exitgames.com/photon-server/ ... /#cat-SDKs
    Photon Server basically works with everything, thats compatible to the Cloud, but therefor you have to explicitly not run the Lite or LiteLobby application, but the LoadBalancing one, on the Photon Server, which is the same application, that also runs on the Photon Cloud. The main diference is, that Lite and LiteLobby both are only for single gameservers, while LoadBalancing is a master server + at least 1 gameserver.
    When your have started a Photon Server with the LoadBalancing instance running and the default out of the box setup and made sure, that that server is reachable (opened the needed ports, etc.), then all you have to do to get clients, that are already successfully working with the cloud, to work fine with that server, is, changing the adress to connect to to the one of the masterserver. Yes, changing the ip/url of the master is really the only client-side change that you have to make and it will work fine.
  • Kaiserludi wrote:
    storm33229 wrote:
    I'm not sure that PUN was meant to seamlessly connect to Photon Server... It might work if you're using the Lite/LiteLobby applications, but I am not sure. From what I can tell PUN is only mentioned in the Photon Cloud documentation.

Photon Server basically works with everything, thats compatible to the Cloud, but therefor you have to explicitly not run the Lite or LiteLobby application, but the LoadBalancing one, on the Photon Server, which is the same application, that also runs on the Photon Cloud. The main diference is, that Lite and LiteLobby both are only for single gameservers, while LoadBalancing is a master server + at least 1 gameserver.
    When your have started a Photon Server with the LoadBalancing instance running and the default out of the box setup and made sure, that that server is reachable (opened the needed ports, etc.), then all you have to do to get clients, that are already successfully working with the cloud, to work fine with that server, is, changing the adress to connect to to the one of the masterserver. Yes, changing the ip/url of the master is really the only client-side change that you have to make and it will work fine.

Ah, that makes sense. Thanks for clearing that up :)