Photon Cloud Offline Mode?

Options
Hello all, I have a project (game framework) that currently uses Photon Cloud Networking, but I would like to take the Photon Cloud Networking into Offline mode, so I can re-use my code/framework for a Single Player / Offline Game rather than Multiplayer.

Is there a simple way to disable Photon Cloud Networking? I read somewhere that we can do it... but I can't seem to find the steps to do it.

If anyone has the correct steps for Disabling Photon Cloud Networking Plugin, that would be highly appreciated. Please do let me know, as this would save me a huge heachache of going through all of my code and removing all the Photon References / Calls.

Hopefully someone can help! Thanks in-advance...

Comments

• I too was caught out by this initially because I didn't know you needed to create a "room" to play in offlineMode, but you do.

All I had to do was this:

PhotonNetwork.offlineMode = true;
    PhotonNetwork.CreateRoom("some name");

you will then get the callbacks OnCreatedRoom and OnJoinedRoom, and can go from there.

There is a gotcha however. As far as I can tell, when you "create" a room in offlineMode, you are not "really" creating one and thus can't store any custom properties on the room (store them on the player instead). (In fact, when you call PhotonNetwork.room, it just returns a new Room object every time.)
  • cool! sounds easy enough! but where do i input this code, in what script?

PhotonNetwork.offlineMode = true;
    PhotonNetwork.CreateRoom("some name");
  • Ok, I think I got it! = )

I put it in my MainMenu.cs seems to work OK!

Thank you so much! = )
  • THANKS!