Connection issue on Public IP

Options
zeppelinisgod
edited February 2013 in Photon Server
I have custom photon server for my MMO using Unity3D and I have been testing the codes in localhost but when I tried to build it as a standalone and use the public IP the connections times out. It works sometimes and doesn't other times. Also, the license info doesn't seem to load sometimes whenever I restart photon. I have setup static NAT and port forwarding all setup, no errors there. The port(5055) is open for public, but connection to photon is sometimes not working. It's like 50% of the time working and the other nothing. Even weirder, I had a friend connect to my game, he was able to connect but when I tried from my other pc it didn't. The same issue happens when I am able to connect but he could not.

Just wanted to see if this was a recurring issue others been facing or is it something I have to fix?

Comments

• Sounds like it's an issue with your port forwarding / LAN setup - but it's hard to tell from the infos you provide.

The master server is on port 5055, the GS on port 5056 (and 5057 if you use the "Loadbalancing" instance which starts 2 GS applications) - do you have port forwarding for those as well?

If we should have a closer look, we need:
    - all log files
    - the photonserver.config
    - the photon.loadbalancing.dll.config of the Master + all GS apps
    - a detailed description of your network setup, affected IPs etc.
    A wireshark trace would be helpful as well.