Photon on NuGet?

Options
duke
edited May 2012 in DotNet
I've found NuGet to be increasingly practical, and it would be great to see the Photon free license on there! There's already a heap of stuff on there, like nUnit, Ninject, etc.

http://nuget.codeplex.com/

Comments

• duke
    Options
    Bumpidy bump. Still incredibly practical!
  • dreamora
    Options
    Would be nice but I don't see it as possible at all as Photon is no .NET technology.
    .NET is only the application layer ('scripting'), which runs on top of a native code application controlling it (PhotonSocketServer)
  • duke
    Options
    Nuget isn't c# only. It contains native code, javascript, etc. It's a distribution system more than anything. What would make the most sense is if theres a package per-client, starting with the .NET client, and the 4 different server platforms (win32 xp, 64 xp, 32, 64).
  • dreamora
    Options
    will not work like this.

It would need everything present with the only thing flexible add / removable being the 4 platforms. anything else isp latform independent yet needed as the configuration file will not magically know whats present and what not and if it isn't, it will simply fail to init the instance.
    Also having it on NuGet wouldn't make the already limited documentation being more helpfull.

Out of my view nuget is really great for what it is or was meant and thats open source software.
    for the rest it doesn't work if you ask me, even less for large complex things that require support due to the unfinished documentations