Basic Server Setup and Connecting.

Options
SmokeyDB
edited January 2013 in Photon Server
I'm curios to know how to get clients to connect to the Photon Server. I'm new to servers and server programming and I'm trying to get a friend to connect to the server that is running on my laptop. Can anybody just give me a quick overview as to how to get another laptop on the same network connected to the server. I'm running the Default instance when he tries to connect however, he gets timed out. Also, which IP should I be giving him?

Off-topic, I'm also working through the Server2Server tutorial and it seems to be going pretty well. I haven't changed any of the config with the Default instance so I'm not really sure why he cannot get connected.

Comments

• chvetsov
    Options
    Hi, SmokeyDB

By default, in config listeners for TCP and UDP are attached on address '0.0.0.0'. This means that Photon listens on all posible for this protocol addresses.
    you need to give your network address to your friend (Something like 192.168.10.1) and check your Firewall settings.

if this will not help, at least, we need your photon config and description how do you start photon