Server Hosting.

Options
digoxy
edited May 2013 in Photon Server
Are there any company's out there that host photon servers? I would like to place the demo out there on a public server to test this and develop. I have searched the web and this forum but the number of returns is crazy to say the least.

Comments

• Tobias
    Options
    You could host something yourself easily. E.g, get a Amazon EC2 Windows instance, install the server and make sure the ports are open. If you did this on your machine, it's about the same...

If you run into trouble, we will help.
  • I have ruled out running it on my machine, there are a couple of developers that need access all the time. The Amazon EC2 looks like something we could do if its external but then we have the port issue again.
  • Tobias
    Options
    Just wanted to say: Starting Photon on a remote machine is very similar to doing it locally.

The ports are not really an issue. The page I linked describes EC2 settings and I think on first start of Photon, the OS might even ask you if it should allow connections to it. Windows 7 does this at least (whenever I run Photon in a different folder).
  • dreamora
    Options
    Tobias wrote:
    Just wanted to say: Starting Photon on a remote machine is very similar to doing it locally.

The ports are not really an issue. The page I linked describes EC2 settings and I think on first start of Photon, the OS might even ask you if it should allow connections to it. Windows 7 does this at least (whenever I run Photon in a different folder).

windows server requires that you add the rule to the firewall manually but its easy as the corresponding editor on win server is significantly better than the home user one in win7 / vista
  • darmie
    Options
    Hello< please I need a proper documentation on how to host Photon server in cloud. I have a digital Ocean account with 20GB space, and 512mb RAM. Any help will be appreciated.! thanks
  • dreamora
    Options
    you can't
    Digital Oceon only offers Linux which is not supported.
    Your server provider must offer Windows if you want to run Photon.
    Amazon is an option but so are Rackspace or especially Windows Azure